Re: Insteon/X10

"Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:AFZMh.179542$5j1.113185@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> I recall the CM11A had a quirk that was called the "haunted house
> syndrome". It could send random commands if the memory wasn't cleared when
> a new program was downloaded.  It might be something like that.  It is
> possible that your lights are responding to external commands coming in
> either over the powerline or via RF.  Or you might have some particularly
> nasty CFLs that are radiating noise that looks like X10 OFF commands.

In our last home (no CFLs but a whole lot of X10), occassionally there would
be a whole bunch of commands spew from somewhere...used to turn the
stairwell light on at odd time.  Searched everywhere, checked with
neightbor, looked for TOD or occupancy patterns without success, I never
found it.  I finally abandoned that house code rather than screw with it any
longer.