Insteon/X10

I had installed X10.  It was very flaky in my house. I bought a plug
in phase coupler which didn't help much. I have lights going off
randomly, some lights unable to controlled etc.

Is Insteon going to be much better?  I was hoping that the RF was used
to send signals,but as I understand it, the RF is used for phase
coupling.  That being the case, since I already have a coupler, can I
expect much better with Insteon.