Re: RFID Flap Silences Security Researchers

"Robert L Bass" <no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms> wrote in message
> > The "Pay Pass" has been around for a
> > while - now it's down to credit card size.
> > It doesn't even have to be swiped
> > through a reader, just passed near it.
> > The problem with these sorts of systems
> > is that it's probably pretty easy for some
> > dweeb to put a second reader, hidden
> > nearby, that also scans the card and
> > captures the information.
>
> Perhaps, but if it's so easy to do, why is it
> we haven't heard of anyone doing it?

"We?"  Did you poll the newsgroup?  Inherit a kingdom?  Develop a dual
personality? Or are you just trying on the schtick of some others here who
also try to sound more authoritative by implying they're somehow able to
speak for the group?

It's never a good idea to point to your lack of knowledge of a subject as an
indicator of anything other than your lack of knowledge of a subject.  (-:
While I don't have time to go over the numerous other errors in your post, I
do have time to point out, again, that "skimming" is a very well-known
criminal practice, whether "youse guys" (whomever they are) know about it or
not.  For your edification, I'll provide one of a the first dozen URLs to
describe card skimming:

http://www.tucson.bbb.org/newsrelease.html?newsid=91&newstype=1

They've got the scoop about card skimming devices and how clever they can
be.  The irony of a local BBB having detailed pictures and descriptions in
response to your comment was just too good to pass up.  (-;  I think the
rest of the errors in your post are due to the fact that somehow you assumed
we were talking about entry RFID systems when clearly I was talking about
Paypass and credit cards with RFID chips embedded in them from the very
beginning of my post.

--
Bobby G.