Re: Need help for Engineering Management project

"Slammer" <mjinks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message>
<clay.maffett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> >> Do your own homework?
> >
> > this IS my homework, we are supposed to gather input from real people,
> > including a Google Group members, PRs for companies we have
> > researched, etc...
> >
> > I didn't think I would find bitterness on Usenet group like this, but
> > it happens i guess
> >

> A little unsolicited advice. In this life, you will suffer many, who for
one
> reason or another, have something critical or down right petty to say.
> IGNORE them. If they choose to show their ass all over the internet, let
> them. But the rest of us don't need to see yours. You go to Vandy, you're
> much smarter than that, you know this. Now get on the thick skin and show
> some self-assuredness. You will be expected to lead and show magnanimity.

Good advice.  It's obvious that this group is nearly overrun with grumpy
men, young and old, each vying for the "old coot of the month" award.  (-;
They apparently pride themselves in shooting first and asking questions
later.
We should be aggressively seeking new members with an interest in the field
instead of accusing new visitors of plagiarism or immoral behavior and
sending them
packing.

Clay, I'll address some of your comments in a separate post since I believe
what you're doing is a very legitimate "environment search" that's an
important part of research projects of any kind.

Accept my apologies on behalf of the group and remember:  "That which does
not kill me makes me stronger!"

And while no one seems to be eating crow or humble pie regarding your
unfriendly welcome, I do smell some waffling in the air!  (-:  I think it
was clear to all but a very few that you had put significant research into
your post and that we were sought out for dialog, not as a crib sheet.

This apparently is an ongoing sort of game for at least one of our regulars
according to google and a search on a certain name and the word "homework"