Re: the light bulb police are coming

I don't dispute any of the quoted percentages for residential energy
usage for lighting, but it is important to remember that residential
lighting is typically used at night, when commercial and industrial
consumption often hit their lowest levels.  In the case of hydro or
nuclear power my opinion is that little energy savings will be made
from CFL in homes, but we may save some coal.

I do use a CFL lamps for outdoor lighting and in my recessed cans in
the family room - and they take more like 3 minutes to fully brighten
up. Still I like 'em, and they run a lot cooler which is good in the
warm months.

Mark - you're a hoot ;-)

John