Re: Alarm monitoring service like ucontrol that uses DSC native communication hardware?

>> service may be a tough sell to homeowners since
>> it sends images from inside the home to the monitoring
>> center.
>
> If it's anything like the "video clips" you see on the
> X-10 website, I'd say now is the time to get into alarm
> monitoring! What was that licensing website again?

It's usually a lot better that that.  Video verification can
use anything from cheap and basic to top of the line
cameras.  The quality can be excellent if you use the
right stuff at the installation site.  Services limit the
frame rate and image size.  Lighting is a major issue.
If the home automation system kicks the lights on
the image should be fine.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass