Re: Neutral terminal on X-10 type wall switch

"Marilyn & Bob" <Privacy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
_YKni.10414$yx4.9624@trndny08:">news:_YKni.10414$yx4.9624@trndny08:

<snip>
> note that very low current devices such as lighted switches do use the
> ground to complete the circuit.  They do not even have a neutral
> terminal.
<snip>
Lighted switches do NOT use the ground to complete the circuit.  They
complete the circuit through the load.  They operate with such a low current
that the load is not visibly affected.

To demonstrate this, take a properly wired lighted switch and remove all of
the loads (bulbs) from the circuit.  The light in the switch will no longer
work.  If the light in the switch still works, either you missed a load or
the wiring is incorrect.

--
Ian Shef     805/F6      *    These are my personal opinions
Raytheon Company         *    and not those of my employer.