Re: Digital Phone Distribution

In article <Xns98C43944370B6sumcoolgainospamyaho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, sumcoolgai[nospam]@yahoo.com (Mitch P.) writes:
| I have Time/Warner digital phone service for one telephone line.
|
| I'd like to go from the phone modem to my patch panel and distribute the
| line to multiple rooms.
|
| I had this up and running for a while, no problems.
|
| Recently, I started losing my dialtone.  I had a service rep out a couple
| of times, replaced the modem and had several "debug" discussions on the
| phone with Time/Warner.
|
| The net of all this is "Time/Warner doesn't support..." my configuration.
|
| I assume there needs to be some boosting of the signal from the modem in
| order to travel all those extra miles of CAT-5 ;-)
|
| Any ideas how I can do this and make it reliable?

You might try a long loop adapter which boosts the loop and ring voltages.
This one seems to always be on sale:

http://www.sjtelecommunications.com/vik-lla-1.html

There are similar products that boost only the loop voltage or only the
ring voltage.  They generally cost less.  Example:

http://www.sandman.com/loop.html#LongLoopAdapter

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl@danlan.*com