Re: Digital Phone Distribution

"Mitch P." <sumcoolgai[nospam]@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:Xns98C43944370B6sumcoolgainospamyaho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I have Time/Warner digital phone service for one telephone line.
>
> I'd like to go from the phone modem to my patch panel and distribute the
> line to multiple rooms.
>
> I had this up and running for a while, no problems.
>
> Recently, I started losing my dialtone.  I had a service rep out a couple
> of times, replaced the modem and had several "debug" discussions on the
> phone with Time/Warner.
>
> The net of all this is "Time/Warner doesn't support..." my configuration.
>
> I assume there needs to be some boosting of the signal from the modem in
> order to travel all those extra miles of CAT-5 ;-)
>
> Any ideas how I can do this and make it reliable?

So their argument is that they offer "home phone service", attempting to
compete with traditional analog telephone, but only to ONE HANDSET?

I didn't bother to wire this house for telephone. I use Uniden cordless
units with chargers sprinkled around the house and a single base station.
Even if you only did this for half of your phones, you might reduce the load
on the modem.