Re: Best brand coax and F connector for HD cable?

"sylvan butler"  wrote ...

> feels solid.  Every now and again I see it when I move a threaded
> connection, and I then find out that threaded connected is not even
> hand-tight.  They do seem to loosen up over time, especially the ones
> too awkward to really tighten well.

Hand tightening is marginal.  Go with an awkward location or significant
movement and hand tightening is likely not to be enough.

However, Robert is also right.  Give most people a wrench and they will over
tighten anything.  There is a reason that good manufacturers use torque
limited wrenches, even on large screws.

Got small screws or things mounted in fragile materials, and even a screw
driver handle can over tighten things.  The best way to handle it is as a
"finger tight" multiplier.

I like the idea of the plastic device that someone pointed out.  A clam
shell that can reach over a bulkier body.  Plastic so that people don't want
to over tighten it.
However, that cone shape is so bulky that I can't see it being all that
useful.  If it was narrower with a couple finger tabs so that it can be
stronger than normal finger tight but still get into backs of equipment with
the typical crowded, recessed, fittings.

--
Bill Fuhrmann