Re: Best brand coax and F connector for HD cable?

In article <lkgep2dlnti1q6o350m8oak0pegt1in6m2@xxxxxxx>,
 Roger <GetValidAddress@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 16:49:59 -0500, "Robert L Bass"
> <robertbass1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >> Belden RG-6 is what you want...
> >
> >*Any* RG6 Quad Shielded cable will do fine.  Belden, like Monster, has
> >marketed their name very well.

Wrong. Belden tests their cables. Monster is hype.

> With today's cables using a 100% foil shield, plus a braid there is
> little to gained by more layers of braid. Just stick with a name
> brand.
Wrong. Here in Houston if you dont use Quad shield you WILL see the
leakage

>   I use both Greenlee and the
> Snap n Seal connectors.  They cost a bit more, but are both
> mechanically sound and water proof.  The old hex crimp are easy to
> pull apart.  One of these can hold my weight on the cable and in work
> clothes I go over 180#.
Well, my hex crimps will hang a TV, so they are fine. I seen enough bad
Snap and Seal connectors that I automatically cut them off and
reterminate.

> As to how well  the foil and braid works; I run the cable through
> conduit with the cables for my ham station. They will be running as
> much as 1500 watts 1.8 through 50 MHz, a couple hundred watts on 144
> MHz and up to 50 watts on the 440 MHz band.  I have two cables that
> run to remote preamps on UHF antennas at roughly 90 feet and two that
> run to the satellite dish at roughly 15 feet.  There is no interaction
> of leakage between systems.

That's just bad practice. Is that measured, or just observed?

> In addition I run a CAT5e cable with a gigabit network between 5 and
> 10 feet from and parallel to those cables

That's not good practice, either.