Re: looking for good cordless phone sets

> nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dave Houston) wrote:
>
> >I'm looking for an inexpensive combo NiMH & Alkaline charger.
>
> I think I found one...

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/jsearch/product.jsp?pn=100387896

I thought rechargeable alkalines had all but disappeared.  I was not
thrilled by their lifespan in my Nikon, although the higher voltage they
delivered was a plus.  If they've improved, I'd take a second look.  I don't
believe the Ultra will recharge alkalines, but I could be dead wrong on
that.

And on another subject, today's WashPost had an article on greenhouse gases
that talked about dirty coal-fired plants:

"A committee of more than 100 experts from the Intergovernmental Panel on
Climate Change concluded in 2005 that carbon sequestration has "considerable
potential" to help reduce greenhouse gases, and a lengthy study at Weyburn
by the International Energy Agency found virtually no leakage. The British
Columbia government this month announced that all its coal-fired electric
plants will be required to utilize carbon sequestration to eliminate
greenhouse gas emissions."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/21/AR2007022102
095_3.html

It sure makes more sense to cap the CO2 at the source, rather than way
downstream. Trying to modify 100 years of consumer behavior via fiat would
have a minimal impact, at best, on the problem.

--
Bobby G.