Re: looking for good cordless phone sets

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>That's gonna be hard to find.  This unit takes a 3 AAA cell NiMH pack with a
>small two pin connector.  Easily replaced if you have a source of AAA
>soldertab cells and a soldering iron.

There's usually a small circuit board tucked between the NiMH cells with a
thermistor and a few other components to limit the charging rate. You'll
need to salvage it from the old pack (unless it's the reason the old pack
died). The thermistor needs to sense the temperature of the charging NiMH
cells - that's why it's nestled amongst them.

UnidenDirect has refurbed units but even those cost far more than you paid.

I have 2.4GHz units but I seldom use the microwave while on the phone and am
never in more than one room at once so I cannot comment on interference or
conferencing.

http://davehouston.net