Re: Snow load evaluation

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Anybody doing anything automated in terms of detecting an excessive snow
>load on a structure's roof?   I saw a news report about upstate NY where a
>guy said "when your doors begin to stick, that's when it's time to clear the
>snow off the roof.  It's good to know one of the warning signs but surely
>there's got to be a better way!

Less tech than the others but you hang a length of steel pipe inside a
slightly larger plastic pipe... (use wire so it doesn't stretch) a
quarter of an inch above a pair of contacts... when the roof sinks
that quarter of an inch the contacts are closed and what ever you
attached them to responds... low tech = light... high tech = sensor
that alerts a computer that dials a phone number that alerts the
media.. or whom ever.
n'est pas?

Beamer Smith
Yes *that* Beamer Smith