Re: looking for good cordless phone sets

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I'm not sure this pack has anything but batteries.  Since it's still under
>warranty, I am not slicing it open to see!  There's a thin plastic wrap over
>the three batteries and I can trace the wiring and the solder tabs with my
>finger and I don't see (actually it's more like feeling) any other
>components.  It takes 20 hours to charge so I am assuming it's very low
>current trickle.

Typically the thermistor and thermal switch are very small and not obvious -
they may even be inline. Here's a Panasonic app note...

http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/battery/oem/images/pdf/Panasonic_NiMH_ChargeMethods.pdf

These might use the intermittent charge method shown on p13 of the handbook
but even those probably have a thermal switch for liability reasons.

http://davehouston.net