Re: Ceiling Fan RF Remote Compatibilty

On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 22:45:30 GMT, nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dave Houston)
wrote in message <45ca04c1.1507649578@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Just Another Joe <address@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >That could have been made more clear.  The units I got at Mal-Wart
> >included the hand-held remote control, as well as the receiver module
> >which (just) fits within the fan cowling and connects to the fan/lights.
> >For $25CDN, that's a pretty good deal.
>
> Is your receiver like any of the ones manufactured by Rhine Electronics?
> Your remote, if it looks like the photo in the FCC file, doesn't resemble
> any of Rhines.
>
>      http://www.rhine-e.com.tw/fancontrol.htm
>      http://www.rhine-e.com.tw/handheld.htm
>      http://www.rhine-e.com.tw/receiver.htm

The photo in the FCC file is accurate--that is what the hand-held remote
looks like, and you are correct, none of those in the handheld.htm link
above resemble it.

In the bottom link above (receiver.htm), the four units at the bottom of
the page (the rectangular ones) look very much like my receivers, but am
working from memory, so can't say confidently that they are identical.

Does that information help?

--
Just Another Joe         Remove .windows to reply.
Why be politically correct, when you can be right?