Re: Wireless surveillance system

RickH <passport@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> How about this though:
>>
>> http://www.homeplug.org/products/
>>
>> If I understand correctly, this technology sends audio and video through
>> the existing power lines, kind of like X10 does. Does anybody have any
>> experience with HomePlug?- Hide quoted text -

>Be careful about putting a lot of data on your home wiring if you
>intend on using other PLC devices that control lights.  Baby monitors
>are well known for wreaking havoc with x10 systems, (but x10 is pretty
>unreliable to begin with).  I would opt for a hard-wired system any
>day if you can get the wires pulled, or just make a few of the harder-
>to-wire cameras use RF.

HomePlug uses frequencies that are much higher than those used by X-10 so
there's no interference with X-10, Insteon, etc. The newer HomePlug AV
devices can handle multiple streams of HD video so they should be capable of
handling surveillance video.

http://www.homeplug.org/apps/group_public/download.php/4005/HP-NLJune2007.htm