Wireless surveillance system

I want to install an outdoor surveillance system around my house. I have
yet to decide whether to go wireless or to run cables. Obviously a
wireless system would be easier to install, but I'm not sure about the
quality of the video transmission. Also, I'm afraid the neighbors could
pick it up (which is ok for outdoor). Could someone please comment on the
pros and cons of wireless vs. wired surveillance, and possibly make any
recommendations? Thanks!