Re: HA Primer - Pos and cons of X-10, Z-wave, Insteon, UPB

> Dave, Do you own any Z-Wave equipment?
> If so, are you having issues getting it to work?
> If not, are you using a technology that you
> are having problems with?  I am just trying to
> understand your negative theorical specification
> speak against Z-Wave when most of the posters
> here think its a solid technology, and some
> posters, including myself, have a successful
> installation with no bandaids like line filters, etc.

There are two reasons Houston dislikes Z-Wave.
Neither of them has anything to do with Z-Wave
itself.  First, when it came out I spoke well of it.
Houston has it in for me because I've disagreed
with him on several occasions.  That's why he
often posts childish insults about fish and such.
He erroneously believed that I was trying to sell
Z-Wave.  Second, Houston tries to market X10
compatible devices.  As such he has a financial
interest in steering people away from anything
that isn't X10.

There's little hope that he'll change tack.  A
while back when he was having financial and
health problems I offered to help him out,
mistakenly believing I could bury the hatchet.
He responded by posting a vicious, personal
attack here.  He claims he can tell what people
are thinking and can detect evil intent even in
friendly discussions.

I wouldn't bring any of this up except that Mr.
Houston's negative comments about Z-Wave
are misleading to the newsgroup.  If taken at
face value his posts could lead people into
making wrong choices.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass