Re: HA Primer - Pos and cons of X-10, Z-wave, Insteon, UPB

In article <z1YWh.116736$DE1.58348@pd7urf2no>, shaw@xxxxxxx (echo) writes:

| X-10s answer was the "2-way module".  They are not really 2-way
| since they can't acknowledge a command directly but they can be polled.

Actually, they can be configured to acknowledge a command (or any state
change).  I've never needed this feature because (a) I don't have the
reliability problems you are worried about and (b) my use for 2-way
functionality is generally to see in what state some other person/process
has left the device--something that is usually best done at the moment I
want the information.  You might want to take a look at X10's extended
command set; it is quite complete.

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl@danlan.*com