Re: Water heater eating X-10 signal

"Mr. Land" <graftonfot@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>A most generous offer, thank you very much!  Unfortunately, I'm pretty
>far from DC, but I appreciate it.  I actually have a pretty old dual-
>channel scope and an ACT Scope-Test rig I could try to use, but I'm
>not sure what I'd be looking for.  I got the Scope Test because I
>already had the 'scope, but I've never used it - I could probably be
>staring right into a garbled X-10 waveform and not know it.

Some pages on my website show X-10 signals using the Scope-Test2. While it
may, itself filter out higher frequencies, it will show the actual X-10
bits. However, it's best used with a scope that can capture and store the
signal - it's impossible to analyze things in realtime.

     http://davehouston.net/noise.htm
     http://davehouston.net/x10-sig.htm

I'd suggest the 0.1µF cap and 100-ohm resistor as earlier suggested by Dan
Lanciani and myself (the Microchip appnote I cited uses this).