Re: X10 replacement?

On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 19:56:05 GMT, Joerg
<notthisjoergsch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<prdVg.13613$7I1.6996@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>. Marc wrote
>

>>>I'd venture to claim that a distinct minority of US/Canadian/Europeans
>>>would [] even tackle the simple replacement of all the on-off toggle
>>>switches in their apartment/house with even _non-automated_ dimmer
>>>switches.
>>

>You mean those little push-button timers?

No.  I meant a simple manual dimmer. I mean that the majority of folks do not
do _any_ major work on electrical system. Period. Household 'lectricity is
dangerous. Electricians work on electrical systems.

And electricians currently balk at installing HA because current HA lighting
will not stay 'unbroken'. Until professional electricians are eager to
install HA, it will not thrive IMO.

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.EControl.org