Re: X10 replacement?

Hello Marc,

>>I'd venture to claim that a distinct minority of US/Canadian/Europeans would
>>not even tackle the simple replacement of all the on-off toggle switches in
>>their apartment/house with even _non-automated_ dimmer switches.
>
> err ... strike the "not" in the second line ... Marc

You mean those little push-button timers? I know a lot of people without
electrical background who have installed those at their homes. That's as
far as HA goes for them and quite frankly, they seem to be content with
it. The only gripe I have heard is that they don't last that long. After
a few years one goes on the fritz and re-programming doesn't really
stick anymore. Similar to what I had with our X10 stuff lately, for
other reasons though.

Beyond those wall switch replacements some folks buy the occasional
radio-controlled outlet. But these don't require and installation. You
just plug them in, insert the batteries and that's it.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com