Re: X10 replacement?

Hello Neil,

>>I'll keep my eyes open. But their PC interface needs to be reasonable.
>>$199 is a bit high.
>
> Just a note, the SDK is $199, the PLCs are about $60 without the software.

The USB version is $69, most laptops and PCs don't have RS232 anymore.
This interface features memory and I saw that there is some free
software. Maybe that software can download timers and simple macros
which is all most folks really need. I want to load the timers and then
turn the PC off.

Unfortunately they didn't integrate a wireless receiver in there like
X10 did. I guess the phase bridge RF modules could take that job. Costs
extra, of course.

> Right now I'm enjoying one of those technology moments that Marc (?)
> just mentioned. My server is dead, a new mother board jsut arrived and
> I have a lot of work ahead of me doing the restore.

That's why I'd never let HA go as far as having a live PC control
things. No way. And certainly not with Windows on there.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com