Re: X10 replacement?

Marc_F_Hult wrote:
> In my opinion, all the hardware ingredients are available at affordable and
> justifiable cost when viewed as a component of home infrastructure and not as
> a 'hometoy'. Absolutely no question in my mind.

I agree that if you can convince someone to view it as a component of
home infrastructure that you could probably justify the cost.
Particularly if you are dealing with the total cost of a house.  But
I'm not convinced that HA is viewed as anything other than a "hometoy"
by any but a very few.

> What isn't mature yet is the average homeowner's ability to manage the risk
> and complexity and the _downside_ of the HA power that is already available.

I would say what isn't mature yet is the average homeowner's ability to
have the slightest clue what this is all about.  The average homeowner
has never even heard of any of this.