Re: The problems with X10 ...

On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 22:54:20 GMT, Dave Houston <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "accidental plumber" <aplayerinla@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>One special 3 phase socket in the utility room for the
>>dryer and washer.  But my washer don't need it and I use gas for my
>>dryer.  As my house isn't that big, having one columns of breakers in
>>the distribution box rather than two columns, I think all the lights
>>and sockets of interest are on the same phase.

> That is NOT a 3-phase socket
> It's a 240V dryer outlet which is single phase.

That's about the only thing I recognized as correct in Dave's spew.  He
is right about that, if you are in any kind of normal U.S.A. housing.

> Killfiles were made for morons like you.

And for me too, I think.  :)

Mostly you can ignore Dave's prickly edges.  He does have some good info
now and again, but likes to bury it beneath his superiority complex
(which most often manifests as intolerance and excessively harsh
personal comments).  But don't judge him too harshly, he is old and
suffers poor health.

sdb
--
Wanted:  Omnibook 800 & accessories, cheap, working or not
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com