Re: A mentor / Advisor ?

The HVAC contractor wanted to put in 3 separate units totaling 13 tons - one
for each end of the main level, and another for the lower level.  I designed
a twin system driving a common set of ductwork.  It has two 4-ton
compressors configured for two-stage operation, and started with 3 zones for
the main level.  I further partitioned that, and did most of the ductwork
for the lower level myself.

Installing round ductwork and dampers is easy.  Even the larger rectangular
stuff is not too tough.  I did have the HVAC contractor install the main
trunks since it needed some custom-made ductwork.

One unit carries the load most of the year, but the second one kicks in when
temperatures are in the mid 90's.  The system was designed for 115, and both
units are pretty much flat out as temperature peaks near 120.

Jeff