Re: A mentor / Advisor ?

"Chris Hackett" <chackett@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Ljn3h.2846$U76.1164@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "accidental plumber" <aplayerinla@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >
> > I used wireless programmable thermostat Totaline.  I carry it where I
> > need the temperature to be regulated.   Evening time, center of the
> > living room.  Night time, the coolest or hottest bedroom.  More
> > thermostat is a waste, you only get bad compromises.  Optimum location
> > of thermostat depends on season and time.  If all your rooms are of
> > equal temperature no matte what, you just need the plain old
> > thermostat.
>
> That's an interesting concept.  I'm not sure if it's for me or not, but
> definitely makes sense.  I'm not sure if I'll remember or want to carry a
> thermostat with me from place to place.  I wonder if there's a solution
> where I can install temperature sensors in various places, and then
program
> the thermostat to regulate the temperature based on different, stationary,
> sensors .. maybe based on time of day as well.

Sure you can.  We have an 8-zone Carrier/Bryant system.  Each zone has been
programmed to follow our daily movements.  There is no sense wasting energy
on rooms that aren't used.  The basic system has a master controller, and
thermistor sensors in each zone.  Upgrading to digital "smart sensors" for
each zone makes it easy to override the programmed cycle when necessary.
This system can also be programmed and monitored by the computer through a
RS232 interface.

Jeff