Re: Smarthome Lamplinc and local control

"BruceR" <br@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in news:NEpbg.4013$uM4.3724
@tornado.socal.rr.com:

> I don't use any of the X10 motion detectors

People keep bringing up motion detectors, but I don't see the problem.

I have several wireless X10 motion detectors. I use a W800RF to recieve
those signals, and HomeSeer sends out the Insteon command of my choice.
There are NO X10 PLC signals on my power lines from this, and hence no
conflict with Insteon. The X10 WIRELESS protocol has little to do with the
X10 PLC protocol, and actually works very well (at least for me).

Eventually, I will welcome the introduction of wireless motion sensors that
can communicate directly with Insteon Signalincs. However, as far as I can
tell right now, the only practical difference will be that I can eliminate
the W800RF from the system - although it is not giving me ANY problems or
cause for concern.

By the way - the same goes for my wireless window/door sensors. Again,
directly to W800RF, and out with Insteon commands. No X10 on powerline.

The one X10 powerline device I DO still have is a X10 universal (low
voltage switching) module - and in THAT case I am eagerly awaiting an
Insteon alternative. However, even after installing over 50 Insteon
devices, I am not having any difficulty at all communicating with this X10
powerline device. I have never seen it miss even one command.

Jim H.