Re: Smarthome Lamplinc and local control

Dave Houston <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It is disappointing that they did not design it to disconnect the
> transmitter section, when idle, to eliminate its loading of the powerline.

It doesn't make much sense to me either, given that many of us
rely on X10 for motion detection, RF interface, thermostat
control, computer control, and many other things that Insteon
doesn't do yet, and you are just expected to start migrating to
Insteon when they don't have replacements for anything except the
lighting control (and even that's not complete yet).  Then as you
start doing this you may see your X10 components start to behave
marginally due to signal attenuation.

I'll be the first to admit that X10 is not perfect but it's a
well-understood technology and it still has the most hardware
available for it.  My humble opinion is that the choice between
X10 and Insteon is just a choice between one can of worms and
another.

 Richard S. Smith / Email: rss@xxxxxxxxx / Web: http://www.rssnet.org/