Re: Smarthome Lamplinc and local control

James Himmelman <donttry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Richard S. Smith" <rss@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in news:1146146861.176304@smirk:
>> With Smarthome focusing more and more on Insteon I want to stock up on
>> the "classic" X10 modules so I figure now is a good time to be asking
>> questions like this.
>
> No need to "stock up". Insteon modules communicate with X10 as well.

All of the Insteon lamp modules are bi-directional in their X10
behavior.  I don't want to fill my house with bi-directional lamp
modules due to the risk of excessive X10 signal absorption.

That's why I'm going down this path.  I think something will be lost
when Smarthome exits the market for plain X10 hardware.  They made a
lot of good stuff.

 Richard S. Smith / Email: rss@xxxxxxxxx / Web: http://www.rssnet.org/