Re: Insteon or Zwave?

>> Make it robust and I'll sell it online for you.  :^)
>
> I've been programming on-and-off since 1969.
> I've coded in almost every major computer
> language that's been produced -- from Assembler,
> FORTRAN, COBOL and ALGOL to LISP, C
> and all its variants to scripting languages like
> PYTHON, PERL, etc.

Coincidence:  I took a 10-month programming concentrated study course in
1969, hoping to get into the booming software development market.  As things
turned out I ended up starting my own business which had nothing to do with
programming at the time.  Over the years since, however, I've had various
software needs that were not being handled by any of the canned packages I
found.  I've written a few programs to handle those needs.  The related area
where I have done lots is in programming and integrating various security
and automation related systems.

I'm sure you've got tons more experience developing PC software that I have.
However, I might still be able to help you with your ELK system.  If you'd
like me to try let me know.  I'd do it for fun -- no fee.

> There is no way to "engineer" an application on
> the M1...

Perhaps I was unclear.  I meant that I would discuss your app with one of
the engineers who designed the ELK-M1 system -- not that he would "engineer"
a solution.

> You just write some rules and create a sort
> of state machine to do what you want.  It's just not enough sometimes.
>
> Maybe I will write a PC front-end for the
> M1 and you can sell it for me Robert ;-)

If you do I'd be delighted to market it.  Make something good and I'll get
ELK to list it on their website, too.  They're good about stuff like that.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics