Re: Howto: X10 lights on conduit for barn

On 30 May 2006 18:42:48 -0700, terry@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> BruceR wrote:
>> There is,
>> however, a cheaper solution that's still better than the SuperSocket;
>> you can modify a standard appliance module to do the same thing and it
>> will last many years. The Fixture Module is really just a modified
>> Appliance Module anyway.
>
> OK, I guess I better prepare a couple Appliance modules to stuff into
> those conduit boxes, WHEN...

Terry save yourself a lot of trouble and get the correct tools for
the job. Take a look at this:

http://www.smarthome.com/2250.html

Don't even think of getting the dimmable version as it's rated for
300W and your load is 300W. As a general rule I don't exceed 80% of
the rating for X10 devices. I'm not sure if other also follow this
rule.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site