Re: Howto: X10 lights on conduit for barn

Trust me on this, over time you will spend more than $32 on the super
socket. Those have a terrible reputation for failing within about a
year - particularly when used outside. They have a cheap, brittle
plastic part inside that breaks easily and X10 refuses to improve it.
The problem with those units has been discussed here and elsewhere many
times over many years.  It's not a matter of IF but WHEN it will break.
 The Fixture Module does not have this problem - I've had several
installed in outdoor boxes for over 12 years with no problem.  There is,
however, a cheaper solution that's still better than the SuperSocket;
you can modify a standard appliance module to do the same thing and it
will last many years. The Fixture Module is really just a modified
Appliance Module anyway.  The Leviton FM uses the old brown App Mod
housing as it's more compact than the "newer" AM housings. I still have
Appliance Modules from 1984 that I only recently removed from service as
part of my Insteon conversion.