Re: Howto: X10 lights on conduit for barn

But Terry, the 227 Supersocket is perhaps the most failure prone piece of
equipment X10 ever made.  Search Google for reports of failures.   Unless
you like working on tall, shaky ladders, at least get appliance modules and
a heavy duty extension cord for each.  Cut the extension cords in half and
each module now has wires that can be pigtailed into a circuit.

As for wanting to change house codes, that shouldn't come up very often,
should it?  Number them intelligently to start with and that should be the
end of it.  Appliance modules might not fit in a box, though.  I'd still be
inclined to use the inline modules just so that if there's ever a fire, an
inspection report doesn't put you on the "don't insure this guy or house
list."

--
Bobby G.