Re: Xantech to control playstation?

"eulaersi" <eulaersivan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in news:1142512345.342732.18200
@j52g2000cwj.googlegroups.com:

> I've decided to install a Xantech IR repeater system within the house
> during the coming weeks (cables were already foreseen).
>
> With the introduction of the new playstation3, I was dreaming if it
> would be possible to put the PS3 in the AV-room (with a long hdmi cable
> towards plasma in living room). In that case I should use my Xantech
> repeater system to control the PS3 through an IR controller.
>
> Would this setup be possible? Ofcourse, we don't know yet the
> specifications nor the hardware addons for a PS3, but has anybody
> already tried such a setup with his PS2?
>
> If there exists an IR controller for the PS2/PS3, wouldn't it be too
> slow through the Xantech IR repeater system?
>
> Thanks for dreaming with me
>
> Ivan

Are you not worried about using a game console with a Plasma TV?
I would be afraid of burn-in of any elements of the gaming screen that are
stationary for hours of game play.

My 42 inch Samsung plasma has several anti-burn in features, like pixel
shifting and special wiping screens. My beautiful new 50 inch Pioneer
plasma unfortunaely seems to lack such features.

Jim H.