Re: Equipment setup

Absolutely. Frankly, many folks I know use the CAV66 for the a/v matrixing,
then use a software backbone like CQC for control over PDA/wifi tablet PCs
(i have a $200 10" fujitsu 3400). That means you can custom-paint the UI to
have whatever you want, not the fixed button type thingeys on the
abus/russound stuff. Not only power/source, but also pull up a full listing
of all your CDs/XM stations/etc. Pull up the weather. Whatever you want.

Integrated Multi-zone / Multi-source Audio&Video systems are starting to
face some serious competition from HTPC's, and for good reason: You can get
infinitely more functionality using much of the same equipment you need
elsewhere. Use your wifi PDA, your existing PCs, etc., for control.

I put a sample multizone / multisource wiring diagram here for 1 HDTV,
distributing SDTV to some zones, distributing audio to all zones.
http://charmedquark.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6784

Screenshots of my downloadable multizone / multisource skins can be seen
here: http://charmedquark.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6682