Equipment setup

We have a new home with lots of wires in the walls, and now we are
ready to buy the equipment to make the system work.
We have 3 RG6 cables to every room, as well as CAT5e and 14/4 for
speakers.  The 14/4 goes from speaker location through the wall control
box, back to the media closet.  Also have CAT5e for security cameras,
and security wiring from all windows and doors to the central wiring
closet.

For whole house audio/video, are there any advantages to using a system
with individual components, like say the Xantech ZPR68 with a couple of
PA640's plus a Gatekeeper.  These, along with some 780-80  and Smart
Pad2 wall controls will make a nice 6 zone zyztem.  But, what does this
type setup give one that the Russound CAV606 or CA66L doesn't, other
than a lighter bank account?
As for the Russound equipment, what is the difference between the
CAV606 and CA66L?

Thanks for any advice before we decide to spend lots of money.
Rick