Re: Project ideas?

Here's my home automation plan using CQC. All done for pennies on the dollar
through DIY.

- Whole House Audio/Video distribution, mzone/msource with HDTV in each area
- HVAC control
- drape control
- tablet PC/PDA controllable
- irrigation
- security
- lighting
- cameras [nannycam & front-door & external]
- Doorbell ring detector, so we can pause any audio/video and pull up a live
video of the front-door when it rings
- Caller id [so we can pause any audio/video and flash the info on screen,
or perhaps even do it based on the specific person calling in, or perhaps
even announce the caller over the speakers]
- Motion sensors, so we can do the above 2 based on what room we're in.
[i.e., only announce caller ID on the rooms that are in use]
- RFID & electric door strikes, so that we can press a button as we approach
house and door unlocks.
- SMS integration, so we can page the house as we're getting close to turn
up the heat/turn on exterior lights/...

Then we can move into the really cool stuff, like tying multiple events
above together so that when we leave the house, we just punch in a code on
the $250 touchpanel, it turns off all the audio/video, turns down heat,
turns on exterior lights, yada yada, and we just exit.