Re: Rozetta... just a flash in the pan?

Dave Houston wrote:
> It looks like PowerHome supports about 20% as much as Commander X did 6-7
> years ago. ;) I've read mixed reviews. I don't think there's a fit.

I was thinking of a tiny utility used to transfer the Insteon Link
database into Rozetta.

Dave is already helping another manufacturer with this type of thing.

My involvement is that of a beta tester.

And it works.

So in an effort to help you bring Rozetta to market sooner, I thought
you and Dave could at least discuss the matter. He has an complete
understanding of everything Insteon.

> Like everything I've done, roZetta is designed as a not-for-profit DIY
> project and it will be difficult for resellers to make enough to justify
> getting involved.

It may be something an installer would bring as the solution that it was
designed to be. Profit or not, it sounds like a great product.

Thank you for all your efforts.

> I'm sure I'll never recover my out-of-pocket costs much
> less cover the time I'll have invested in it and that is desspite Bruce
> Robin's generosity (and patience) in providing me with Insteon and UPB
> modules.

Your product will live on, keeping you in our collective memories forever!

> Bare boards (3.000" x 4.250") will be available for about $8 and partially
> assembled ones (with all of the SMT components installed) for about $25. The
> ZX-40 retails for $40 and the EM202 for $63.

Sounds good.

> Jeff Volp will probably offer kits and may offer assembled units but there are
> FCC issues he'll have to consider since it now has an optional RF receiver
 > module.

Glad to see you're working with Jeff. Love the XTB!

> My health is not going to improve so it's just another factor in the
> equation and one more reason why this is taking much longer than I had
> anticipated.

Then hang in there, Dave...

Keep up the good work.

Sincerely,