Re: XTB - the Future of X10 has arrived!

Been there, done that, got HomePlug.

Well, actually I don't "got HomePlug" because it still costs too much
compared to 802.11G so I opted for 802.11G to add a new laptop to my LAN,
but BPL and HomePlug do with the powerlines what the modems and DSL do over
phone lines.

I believe HomePlug has approved a newer, lower bit rate version intended for
HA type tasks. Its cost and reliability are still to be determined.

     http://www.homeplug.org/en/docs/alliance_press/CommandControlSpec.pdf

Yitran whose technology was chosen already has chipsets that use Microsoft's
free SCP protocol.

     http://www.yitran.com/it800tool.htm

As I've noted before, it surprises me that X10 hasn't developed something
similar that is backwards compatible to their installed base. HomePlug has
no interest in doing that.