Re: X-10 Mister House Motion sensor problems

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 11:48:42 -0400, "Robert Green"
<ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<BM2dnQrdKs0kBBTZnZ2dnUVZ_qWdnZ2d@xxxxxxx>:

>"Marc F Hult" <MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message >
><ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>> Waiting for (eg) INSTEON's many bugs to be addressed is especially
>> appropriate for folks that aren't making a clean install of all (eg)
>> INSTEON. The firmware on most (eg) INSTEON switches and devices is not
>>field upgradeable, so there will be more than a bit of trauma involved for
>> the early adopters who will find that the recommended solution to many of
>> the current issues will be to replace all their hardware (Sound familiar
>> ?).

>OK - those are *definitely* not the words of an "rah rah" Insteon partisan.
>You've just elucidated another reason why the XTB makes such great sense
>for me at this moment in time.  I can now afford to wait until the bugs are
>shaken out of the "next big thing."  The powerline clutter issues were
>beginning to make X-10 unviable for me and I was feeling forced to make a
>switch.  Now that pressure is gone.

The US House of Representative today has one less of those '"rah rah"
partisans -- which is a good thing in my opinion. Last vrais partisans I
fully approved of may have been the WWII French underground based minor
family involvement.

Of _course_ the XTB makes good sense at this time. Mine arrived yesterday
(thanks!).

Your phrases "for me at this moment", "unviable for me", are duly noted.

Marc
Marc_F_Hult