Re: X-10 Mister House Motion sensor problems

"Larry Moss" <moss@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

<stuff snipped>

> The motion sensor is an rms18.  There are actually two.  I don't think
it's
> ever possible for both to see me at the same time.  The transceiver is an
> rr501.  The computer is connected to a cm11a.

Why is the CM11A in the loop?  Are you using any logic to determine what to
do *before* executing the ON LIGHT command?  As Dave suggests, the best way
to do this is with a TM751 or RR501 as close to the target area and lamp
(and on the same circuit, if practical) directly driving the load.  Keep the
MD to transceiver distance short, keep the load and the transceiver distance
short.  That will maximize the chance the light will turn on right away.
Are you logging this activity to a printer or disk?  Try turning that off
and seeing whether the delay disappears.

--
Bobby G.