Re: XTB - the Future of X10 has arrived!

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>"AZ Nomad" <aznomad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
><ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<stuff snipped>

>So it's pretty clear that only someone with a very accurate crystal ball can
>tell when a technology is *really* obsolete.  Jeff's device corrects the one
>fatal flaw in X-10 - its weak signal - and elegantly fixes it.

I don't mean to be critical of Jeff's device but it is sorta like a bigger
hammer. ;)

>Darn if you can't take a lamp from 1940 and plug it in to a wall and it will
>work.  You can also plug your brand new laptop into the very same outlet and
>it will work, too.  You can plug either device into a outlet almost anywhere
>in the country and it will work.

But the lamp, if controlled by X10, might stop working when you plug in the
laptop. ;)

>What I needed from X-10 and wasn't getting was reliability.

>My guess is that 10 years from now, X-10 will still be hanging in there,
>just like the national power grid.   I know the XTB has greatly increased
>X-10's odds of dancing on its wannabe successor's grave.

Dave Rye will love you.

     http://www.x10minitimer.com/article_emerging_technologies.html