Re: XTB - the Future of X10 has arrived!

> But the lamp, if controlled by X10, might stop working when you plug in
the
> laptop. ;)

Simulation showed the XTB series-resonant output circuit actually drives
harder (more current) into a major signal sucker.  The heavier the load, the
cleaner the waveform.

At the far end of the house I measured .1Vpp at the same outlet that powered
an APC UPS with its capacitor directly across the AC line.  That's low, but
still acceptable for X10 control.  That outlet is well over 100 feet
wire-wise from the XTB.

While I'm not saying that no filters are needed anymore, the XTB should help
with the "signal sucker" issue.

For those interested, I updated the assembly notes on the XTB web page last
night.

Now, I've got a date with a hot soldering iron....

Jeff