Re: Garage door closes automatically after a preset time

X10 is not a good idea for garage doors.  The reason being, is that someone
can plug into an outside outlet, try all the codes, and get into your
garage.  what's suggested in a "x10 tips" manual I got someplace years ago,
is that if you do use x10, you use two or more different modules, with one
plugged into the other, so to open/close the garage door, it would be a
sequence like:

f2 on
m7 on
m7 off
f2 off

(m7 plugged into f2)

m7 on by itself wouldn't do anything, but it's the one that really controls
the GD button.

I've tried different things, including hardwire back to the controller, and
even 1-wire back to a PC, but to be honest, I moved to a stand alone
solution.