Re: Garage door closes automatically after a preset time

Your original query didn't mention that you were looking for X10 control
only "automatic" operation which these do.  I don't know which Smarthome
controller you have or how sophisticated it is, but if it can start timers
you could attach a sensor to the door and a Powerflash Module and then use a
Universal Module to close the button contacts to close the door. Example:

IF:
 G-1 ON is received from Powerflash by controller (door is open)
THEN:
 Delay 2 Hours
      Nested IF: G-1 is ON
      Nested THEN: Turn G-2 ON (to trigger Universal Module to send
momentary contact closure)

However, this little event would need further tweaking to avoid unexpected
operation (like cancelling the countdown if G-1 OFF is received from closing
the door.  With the items I cited you don't need to bother with X10 control
at all.