Re: XTB - the Future of X10 has arrived!

 <stuff snipped>

> X-10 became a monopoly during the years their patent was in
> effect. Their dominance (and installed base) is more a result
> of that than of technical superiority.

That's an interesting point.  Where were Insteon, UPB and all the rest of
them back then?  Would they have been stopped by patent infringement?  Of
the competitors that did show up, like CeBus and Echelon, who still thrives?
Centralite's still alive.  Then there's ah, um, I dunno.  Centralite's still
alive.  (-:

--
Bobby G.