Re: Mini-ITX PC's a the future of HA (was Re: X-10 Mister House Motion sensor problems)

"Dean Roddey" <droddey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I'm sorry, did I not respond to something? I did send you a message a
> while back, but didn't hear anything back so I assume that was that. We
> did change servers a couple weeks ago, and I'm sure a few e-mails might
> have fallen into the black hole or something. Anyway, just let me know
> what you need.
>
> We definitely work well with the Elk or Omni Pro II now, so whichever you
> want to use would be a good choice from our standpoint.

Thanks, Dean.  My plan is to install the ELK-M1G.  I have a media system and
I'll eventually expand it to cover the whole house, inside and out.  I might
use Media Server or a hardware solution like Russound or Xantech, depending
on how much I have left to spend after we finish redoing the pool, spa and
lanai.

Sub-systems will include lighting (Z-Wave most likely), HVAC, Pool/Spa
(filtration, dual heat sources, pumps, underwater lighting), irrigation
(6-zones), entertainment, communications and security.  The ELK system will
do the security.  Everything will function stand-lone in the event of a
breakdown but I really want to integrate the whole place.  Remote monitoring
and control are essential since we spend a lot of time overseas.

I can handle the hardware side of the project but I'm interested in learning
what can be accomplished / enhanced using CQC.  Any suggestions you might
have as to systems that have already been tested / proven in conjunction
with CQC would be appreciated.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass