Re: Sound recognition (not voice) - recording instances and duration of

Robert Green wrote:
> "BondyBoy" <bondyboy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
> > Thanks for all that info, alot for me to be going on with. . .
> >
> > Would you believe that I've been recording all weekend and the alarm
> > I'm trying to capture has not gone off, soon as I get that sample I've
> > got some work to do.
>
> Maybe that wiley siren knows you're on to it.  <wink>
>
> It could also be that the owner finally tuned up his alarm system and
> eliminated the falsing that I assume you've been hearing.  If it was a
> relatively new sound, that would be a good assumption.  No one wants a
> falsing alarm and it's got to be louder (and therefore more of a bother) to
> the owner than it is to you, whom I assume to be a neighbor.
>
> --
> Bobby G.

After not going off all weekend it proceeded to go off at 9PM last
night up until at least 12PM when we went to bed, I've recorded it all
and'll have to take a look at the results tonight.

The alarm in question isn't a neighbours but it's an emergency vehicle
road crossing alarm that is supposed to stop the traffic to allow the
fire engine to cross the 4 lane road, it seems they went out on a call
last night and forgot to turn it off after they had used it. The police
turned up at the end and, although they couldn't switch it off, they
had to signal the people through, prehaps others had complained.

(I did hear alot of road rage type arguments and car horns caused by
the broken alarm, hopefully the mic would have picked that up too)